We ask that you read and follow our safety and burning tips for handmade scented candles. Candle care and candle burning is your responsibility; please burn wisely! Luna Lucerna will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury due to the improper use of any product purchased from us. Your purchase from Luna Lucerna signifies your acceptance of our policies.
Please see HERE for fragrance descriptions.
- Handle with care. Containers get hot and may be fragile!
- To prevent possible fire and/or heat damage to surfaces, discontinue use when 1/4 inch of wax remains. To protect the surface of your furniture, always place the handmade candle or container on a heat-resistant surface specifically designed for candle use.
- Extinguish candle carefully by pushing the wick into the melt pool with a wick dipper to prevent smoking.
- Remove foreign objects, matches, and wick trimmings from candle container before and after each use.
- Keep lit candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Never leave lit candles unattended.
- Never move a hot or burning candle.
Candle Burning Tips
- When burning your candle for the first time, it’s extremely important that you give it a ‘memory burn’. You should burn it for at least 1 hour for every inch of it’s diameter. This allows the candle to establish a full melt pool to increase the scent throw of the candle.
- Always keep wicks trimmed to 1/4”, and light it from the bottom of the wick. If your wick it too long, your candle may smoke. The wick may need to be trimmed initially. If the flame is too small, pour off excess wax.
- Never store or place a candle in a window or outdoors where it is exposed to direct sunlight. The color of the candle will fade if left in bright light although its quality will not be compromised.
- Keep wick trimmed to no more than 1/4 inch to extend candle life and minimize smoking.
- Keep the wick centered in the container to help the candle to burn evenly.
- Keep candles out of drafts to prevent rapid, uneven burning.
- Discontinue burning when there is 1/4 inch of wax left in the bottom.
- To extinguish a candle, dip the wick into the liquid wax, using a nonflammable instrument. This technique minimizes smoking.
- The easiest way to remove spilled wax on carpet is by placing a brown paper bag over it. Then place a heated iron over the brown paper bag and the heat will soak up the spilled wax. (Be careful not to overheat and melt your carpet in the process.)
Because all of the products on this site are handmade, each item will be slightly different than the next. Imperfections and differences are what make each piece unique and special.
I’ve been crafty since I was a kid. When I was young, I made clothes for my dolls and turned whole rooms into jungles. As I grew older I began sewing and making things like purses and wallets. Learning to crochet came next and friends and family started getting scarves and other crocheted goodies for Christmas and birthdays. In 2012 I wanted to do something new for Christmas presents, and I had the idea to make candles. I enjoyed it so much that I wondered what more I could do with it, and thus, Luna Lucerna was born.
I’ve always enjoyed candles but have always been one of those people who is afraid to actually BURN candles except for on special occasions, mostly for fear of having to replace them, or not being able to get the same one again. Now I have a consistent supply that I burn all the time, and I am able to supply others with nice, AFFORDABLE candles that are irresistible to burn!